- All data is collected in two ways:
- Information submitted voluntarily by the user – we ask users to supply their personal data (first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number) when they use the contact form, their e-mail address when signing up for the newsletter, their e-mail address and telephone number if they wish to subscribe to the magazine via the subscription form, and to submit their name and e-mail address to be registered in the translators’ index.
- Information acquired through the use of the web site – this may include:
Information in web site journals – our sites automatically record data such as the pages the user calls up and the date and hour, the hardware data (e.g. the model), the browser used and its language, the type of operating system, the IP address, and cookies.
IP Address – every computer hooked to the Internet has its own number, an IP address. This number lets us identify the country from which a user is browsing the web.
- We comply with the law of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (Dz. U. of 2016, item 966).
- The data administrator is the Book Institute, with its headquarters in Krakow, on ul. Zygmunta Wróblewskiego 6, 31-148 Krakow.
- The Book Institute hosts www.instytutksiazki.pl and telecommunications links for servers.
- The data we collect serves to ensure services to our users and is used for administrative and statistical purposes, and to protect the www.instytutksiazki.pl web site and its visitors.
- We analyze the data we collect using Google Analytics solutions.
- Personal data collected through forms is exclusively used for
- the process of registering for and receiving the newsletter,
- making contact with us, so that we can react to submissions in a timely fashion,
- making contact when we need to conclude the subscription process.
- The user has the right to access his/her data. By request, we can cease to collect and process this data, or we can remove it altogether.
- We appreciate that we are responsible for protecting the data entrusted to us by our web site’s users. We treat security with the utmost seriousness. This is why we make every effort to protect the www.instytutksiazki.pl site from unauthorized access by third parties and to monitor our methods of collecting, storing, and processing information. We use a firewall, for instance, to safeguard the server, as well as coding mechanisms and physical security measures.
- As everywhere on the Internet, our site includes links to other web pages. We are not responsible, however, for the privacy policies on those pages. Whenever you visit another site, we encourage you to acquaint yourself with its principles.