Antonia Lloyd-Jones in the final of the Best Translated Book Award for her translation of "Prowadź swój pług przez kości umarłych" by Olga Tokarczuk
The translation of Olga Tokarczuk's Prowadź swój pług przez kości umarłych (“Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead”) by Antonia Lloyd-Jones made it to the shortlist of books nominated for the 13th edition of an American translation award called the Best Translated Book Award.
Below is a list of nominated books:
Best Translated Book Award 2020: Fiction Shortlist:
- Jean-Baptiste Del Amo, Animalia, translated from the French by Frank Wynne
- Daša Drndić, EEG, translated from the Croatian by Celia Hawkesworth
- Wasilij Grossman, Stalingrad, translated from the Russian by Robert Chandler and Elizabeth Chandler
- Ariana Harwicz, Die, My Love, translated from the Spanish by Sara Moses i Carolina Orloff
- Christos Ikonomou, Good Will Come From the Sea, translated from the Greek by Karen Emmerich
- Yoko Ogawa, The Memory Police, translated from the Japanese by Stephen Snyder
- Guillermo Saccomanno, 77, translated from the Spanish by Andrea G. Labinger
- Igiaba Scego, Beyond Babylon, translated from the Italian by Aaron Robertson
- Olga Tokarczuk, Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead, translated from the Polish by Antonia Lloyd-Jones
- Yuko Tsushima, Territory of Light, translated from the Japanese by Geraldine Harcourt
This year’s fiction jury is comprised of Elisa Wouk Almino, Pierce Alquist, Hailey Dezort, Louisa Ermelino, Hal Hlavinka, Keaton Patterson, Christopher Phipps, Lesley Rains, and Justin Walls.
Best Translated Book Award 2020: Poetry Shortlist:
- Shimon Adaf, Aviva-No, translated from the Hebrew by Yael Segalovitz
- Etel Adnan, Time, translated from the French by Sarah Riggs
- Amanda Berenguer, Materia Prima, translated from the Spanish by Gillian Brassil, Anna Deeny Morales, Mónica de la Torre, Urayoán Noel, Jeannine Marie Pitas, Kristin Dykstra, Kent Johnson, and Alex Verdolini
- Stéphane Bouquet, Next Loves, translated from the French by Lindsay Turner
- Lupe Gómez, Camouflage, translated from the Galician by Erín Moure
This year’s poetry jury is comprised of Nancy Naomi Carlson, Patricia Lockwood, Aditi Machado, Laura Marris, and Brandon Shimoda.
The winners will be announced on 27th May. The winning authors and translators will each receive $5,000.